[IronPython] Template library

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 2 23:13:42 CEST 2009

Zach Crowell wrote:
> Here's a simple repro of the Evoque re issue.  Unfortunately, the error
> doesn't give any indication on what regex caused the failure, and I
> can't really take a look.
>
> D:\>ipy
> IronPython 2.6 Beta 2 (2.6.0.20) on .NET 2.0.50727.3053
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "evoque\domain", line 12, in evoque\domain
>   File "evoque\collection", line 11, in evoque\collection
>   File "evoque\translate", line 53, in evoque\translate
> re.error: Unrecognized extension (

According to the comment in re.cs this is "yes/no if group exists" and we
don't support it currently.  This might be rather easy to implement.

Hey Zach, if you fix it we'll accept the fix from you given that you
work  at MS :)  Either way I've opened a bug to track it:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=24524

I'll try and look at it before 2.6 is done but I'm busy w/ some
other stuff right now.