[IronPython] How to get ToString() working, and questions about GetSysModule() and GetClrModule()

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 21 21:07:09 CEST 2009

Because this is on a per-module basis calling GetClrModule() won't affect the module you later want to do .ToString from.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to do:

var code = Engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString("import clr", SourceCodeKind.Statements).Compile();

and whenever you want a module to use import clr do:

code.Execute(_scope);

If you open a bug on CodePlex though we could look at adding an extension method like "scope.EnableClr()" or something along those lines that makes this simpler.