[IronPython] IronPython/NWSGI 0-byte 200/404 response with HelloWorld?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 28 19:05:52 CEST 2009

> I looked at it yesterday, and 'impossible' would be a better way to
> describe it. Some types have moved between assemblies (from
> Microsoft.Scripting to Microsoft.Dynamic) and so simply changing the
> assembly bindings won't work. There were also some API changes that I
> need to fix before NWSGI will even compile against RC1.

Just to give an explanation of moving all the types around: The idea
here is that we'll have one stable version of Microsoft.Scripting.dll.
The goal is to have that one version work w/ IronPython 2.6 and
IronRuby 1.0.  And if we really did a good job then hopefully it'll
also work w/ IronPython 2.7 or 3.1 or whatever comes next as well.

So in theory if you can just link to Microsoft.Scripting.dll, and load
everything else via config files, it means never having to rebuild -
at least until we pull these into the .NET framework or something
like that.