[IronPython] Silverlight 4 and RichTextBox

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Apr 12 13:40:56 CEST 2010

On 12/04/2010 13:33, Michael Foord wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to use the new RichTextBox from Silverlight 4 with
> IronPython. I have IronPython 2.6.1 RC and Silverlight 4 RC installed
> (Windows). It fails with a "SystemError: Specified method is not
> supported" when instantiating the RichTextBox.

If I attempt to create the RichTextBox from xaml instead of code the
error is: "SystemError: AG_E_UNKNOWN_ERROR [Line: 5 Position: 25]"

The xaml is:

<Canvas x:Class="System.Windows.Controls.Canvas"
     xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/client/2007"
     xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml">

<RichTextBox x:Name="text" />

</Canvas>