[IronPython] IronPython / DLR Direction

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 22:04:57 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Vernon Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com> wrote:
> JavaScript is, I must admit, a better language than JCL.  But compared to
> Python?  Gimme a break!

Python is a better language, but at this point in time, if they can
only pick one, JavaScript is a better business decision. Plus, as of
ES5, JavaScript is actually quite usable. The JavaScript language
itself is not bad (with some bizarre quirks), but the DOM APIs that it
is usually bound to taint people's opinion of the language.

> On the other hand, if MS were to "unsupport" IronPython then they could no
> longer keep us from submitting patches, could they?

No, they couldn't, assuming they stopped distributing it as well.
However, until we know more about the fate of Microsoft's IronPython,
it's all just speculation.

- Jeff