[IronPython] IronPython / DLR Direction

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:24:07 CEST 2010

It's really hard to trust Microsoft even for Javascript. That road is full
of carcasses of abandoned/half backed implementation from Jscript to
JScript.Net to Managed JScript - every a couple of years they come up with a
new version of Javascript implementation only to see it wither and die.

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Vernon Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > JavaScript is, I must admit, a better language than JCL.  But compared to
> > Python?  Gimme a break!
>
> Python is a better language, but at this point in time, if they can
> only pick one, JavaScript is a better business decision. Plus, as of
> ES5, JavaScript is actually quite usable. The JavaScript language
> itself is not bad (with some bizarre quirks), but the DOM APIs that it
> is usually bound to taint people's opinion of the language.
>
> > On the other hand, if MS were to "unsupport" IronPython then they could
> no
> > longer keep us from submitting patches, could they?
>
> No, they couldn't, assuming they stopped distributing it as well.
> However, until we know more about the fate of Microsoft's IronPython,
> it's all just speculation.
>
> - Jeff

nomadlife.org