[IronPython] IronPython 2.6 CodePlex Source Update

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 9 21:41:31 CEST 2010

Jeff wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, guys.
>
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > As Dave says "IronStudio" isn't necessarily a great name but it's the name
> > that was used when a lot this code was originally written (2-3 years ago).
>
> Wow, I didn't realize it had been baking for that long.

It hadn't quite been baking for that long - really IpyTools is the culmination
of about 5 separate attempts of providing tooling for IronPython.  It directly
borrows code from at least 2 of those attempts and probably some ideas from
other attempts.  So it was more parbaking as we stopped and started and
rethought what we were doing :)