[IronPython] Trouble with IP 7.0 and VS 2010

Kurt A Richardson kurt at kurtrichardson.com
Mon Aug 9 22:28:25 CEST 2010

Hi forum

I've been trying to install IronPython 2.7A1 from codeplex on my Windows
7 box running VS 2010 Pro.  However as soon as I install IP and open VS
2010, VS2010 hangs, and I can't even open a VB code file.  Whenever I
attempt to open a file VS 2010 gives me the following error:

Internal error occurred. Additional information: "."

As soon as I uninstall IronPython 2.7A1, VS2010 starts working properly
again.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling VS 2010 several times, but I
still can't get it to load-up properly with IronPython 2.7A1 installed.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Any ideas on how I might correct
it.  I was hoping to have a IronPython/ASP.NET website ready for a
simple demo this Thursday, but am getting nowhere fast.  I have written
a number of IronPython libraries to control a XBee transceiver as part
of a Smart Home application I'm developing, and want to show that I can
switch a fan on/off from a web app remotely.

Many thanks for any tips and guidance.

Kurt