[IronPython] Calling COM method returns generic System.__ComObject?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 12 23:14:06 CEST 2010

Does just "opc_items_object.AddItem" work at all?  That should work if it's an IDispatch com object or if it has IProvideTypeInfo.

If not the workaround is to use the interface to dispatch through as you've discovered.  Rather than constructing an object with the interface though you do:

IComInterface.AddItem(comObject, 'OPC path here', opc_grp_object.ClientHandle)