[IronPython] profiling in IronPython error

Pablo Dalmazzo pablodalma93 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:33:40 CEST 2010

I followed your recommendation and now I get this,

'module' object has no attribute 'setprofile'

sys.setprofile(self.dispatcher)

I used the profile module from an IronPython 2.6 installation. I also found this in the web,

In other
 words, another Python implementation like IronPython is within its own
right not to implement these functions. As a matter of fact:
IronPython 1.1 (1.1) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
>>> sys.settrace(f)
Traceback (most recent call last):
NotImplementedError: sys.settrace is not yet supported by IronPython
>>> sys.setprofile(f)
Traceback (most recent call last):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'setprofile'

is that implemented / going to be implemented in another IronPython version or should I
use another profiler  with IronPython? If so, could you recommend me one?

Greetings