[IronPython] If not IronPython, what?

Lukáš Duběda loocas at duber.cz
Wed Aug 18 19:48:15 CEST 2010

Hi there,

well, honestly, you're at least in a possition where
you can make a choice.

We here are, on the other hand, solely dependant on IPy.
There are no alternatives to what we're using here at the
studio.

But even still, I think IPy is such a powerful tool that
even if Microsoft ditched its support, we can use and
leverage on it for years to come. At least in our
case.

But I seriously doubt Microsoft will completely abandon IPy
as that's the only Python alternative for .NET.

The .NET CPython initiative is almost dead. I haven't seen
an update for ages, unfortunately.

But if IPy is ditched, I'm afraid I'll have to reorganise
a lot of software here at the studio, that is solely dependant
not on Python, but on .NET. Since without IPy, .NET isn't of
any use for us here. We don't use VB or C# or anything else
similar.

I hope Microsoft will continue to actively develop IronPython,
though.

Lukáš Duběda
Director
[T] +420 602 444 164