[IronPython] Accessing Serial Port from IronPython driven Webpage

Kurt A. Richardson kurt at kurtrichardson.com
Thu Aug 26 01:53:47 CEST 2010

  Thanks Vernon

I did look at Pyserial, but then I realized that with IronPython I could
just use System.IO.Ports.SerialPort to do it all anyway... then it
seemed pointless to use PySerial if the capability is already available
in IronPython.  It works fine on Mono too, and I have run successful
tests in Linux Juanty (which my PlugPC runs).  The problem I have now is
not talking to the serial port per se... it is doing it from within a
web browser, which as I understand it is a security issue.  The browser
security policy just won't give me access to the serial port whatever
library I might be using.  The link I posted earlier shows how to
overcome the security restrictions in C# - I just don't know how to
translate this into an IronPython class :-(

Bye for now, Kurt