[IronPython] Unittest Module Unavailable in V2.7a1

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Aug 30 16:32:50 CEST 2010

  On 30/08/2010 16:38, Jones, Larry wrote:

> My team is currently using VS2010 for work. I want to demonstrate that
> using IronPython as our "unit testing language" can be more productive
> than using either NUnit or Microsoft Test.
>
> In order to integrate with VS2010, I believe I must use IronPython
> 2.7a1. I believe this is the only release that includes the IronPython
> Tools. However, IronPython 2.7a1 fails when executing 'import
> unittest'. I've submitted a work item, 28709, to the IronPython issue
> tracker; however, I'm wondering if another work around exists then
> writing code in 2.6.1 -- which will execute outside VS2010 -- but
> cannot be executed from within Visual Studio (it invoke IronPython 2.7a1).

The IronPython team is aware of this problem, it was caused by a 'bug'
in the tools that package the installer.

A simple workaround (that will probably work) is to copy the unittest
package from a CPython 2.7 installation into your IronPython Lib
directory. In IronPython 2.7 the unittest package is missing some files.

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/