[IronPython] IronPython memory usage

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 10 03:01:49 CET 2010

What task manager reports I believe depends on what version of Windows you're on.  You might want to right click on the columns and add some of the Memory columns.  By default Win7 seems to have private working set selected (which would be what each additional copy requires).  But there's also a "Working Set" option which should be private + shared bytes.

Also, one way to reduce the memory usage would be to pre-compile your app and ngen it if you're not already doing so.  This will cause the Python code (at least the code which isn't eval'd/exec'd/compile'd) to be shared between processes.