[IronPython] cant import os

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:51:33 CET 2010

What's happening here is that VS actually uses its own copy of
IronPython, not the installed one. The copy used by VS does not
include the Python stdlib.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM, E. Antero Tammi
<e.antero.tammi at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I think my question is actually twofold:
> - is the above behavior intended?

I'm not sure; Dino would have to answer that one.

> - is it possible to add some initialization code to VS when it's launching
> the shell?

I don't see why not. I can't really think of a situation where you
wouldn't want the stdlib available. If there isn't already an issue
for this, please open one, and as always, patches are welcome.

- Jeff