[IronPython] Django, __unicode__, and #20366

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 12 04:37:39 CET 2010

And it turns out this works great!  We now pass all of the tests in
test_str and test_unicode related to calling str/unicode and getting
the appropriate __str__/__unicode__ method called.  We also now properly
don't decode strings when you do unicode('foo') so we no longer throw
for Vernon's exception case where CPython doesn't throw.

So I'm inclined to go with this fix.