[IronPython] Using a C# class in IronPython

David DiCato ddicato at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 19 21:30:58 CET 2010

Hi Justin, this is definitely a valid bug; thanks for reporting it. We’re supposed to ignore any methods named GetMember/SetMember/DeleteMember unless they define the [SpecialName] attribute, but we fail to account for cases where there could be overloads. This is because the default binder calls type.GetMethod("SetMember") which throws when there are multiple matches. We should instead get all methods named SetMember and filter out the non-special ones.

I already have a preliminary fix for this, and it should make it onto CodePlex within a few days.