[IronPython] Importing standard Python libs

Lukáš Duběda loocas at duber.cz
Sat Feb 20 18:58:35 CET 2010

Hi there everyone,

I'm having problems importing a module, concretely win32com, from within
IronPython.

The problem is, when I run IronPython as a console, and add a path to
the standard Python26 library, the module can be imported without
any problems, but as soon as I try to embed IronPython and call
it from within my application and then try to import the module,
even though I'd added the path to the sys.path prior to
importing the module, it still throws an error saying:
"No module named win32api".

I don't know what to do now. I've tried to manually add
all the sub-directories of the Lib direcotry from Python26.
I tried to copy the module's files to IronPython Lib directory,
but nothing worked.

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers,

--
Lukáš Duběda