[IronPython] How to include packages in compilation

Matt Ward ward.matt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:48:08 CET 2010

Hi Heiko,

Can you use _ctypes provided by IronPython in IronPython.Modules? You
may have to use a later version of SharpDevelop to get IronPython 2.6
with the _ctypes module.

If not then you could compile ctypes into a separate assembly. Harry
Pierson has a post on this:

http://devhawk.net/2009/08/10/Compiling+Python+Packages+Into+Assemblies.aspx

You should be able to do the same thing with SharpDevelop if you
create a new class library project called ctypes, add the ctypes .py
files to it, compile it and then reference the ctypes assembly in your
main project. You will need to add quite a few other python files to
your main project though (os.py, ntpath,py, stat.py, abc.py,
_abcoll.py, genericpath.py, linecache.py, struct.py, types.py,
UserDict.py, warnings.py) to be able to compile your application.

Regards,

Matt