[IronPython] IronPython for asp.net integration with Visual Studio 2008

Pablo Dalmazzo pablodalma93 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:41:19 CET 2010

Hi there,

I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional SP1 installed. I also have
IronPython v. 2.6 installed.
In the C:\Program files\IronPython folder there is an IronPython.dll
file version 2.6.911.0.
But when I create an asp.net website project in IronPython in Visual
Studio, the IronPython.dll file created in the bin folder is listed as
version 2.0.0.0 and in the web.config file as

"IronPython, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

is this the last version VS2008 supports or is there any way to
update VS to create the website with a 2.6.911.0 version instead?

Greetings