[IronPython] I can't install the MSI for IP2.6 RC1

Sandy Walsh swalsh at impathnetworks.com
Fri Jan 8 13:40:52 CET 2010

Jonathan, not sure if you ever got an answer to this problem. I'm have
the same issue.

The offending operation seems to be:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ngen.exe install
C:\Program Files\IronPython 2.6\Microsoft.Scripting.dll /queue:1

One thing I noticed is when I run 'ngen queue status' directly I get this:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>ngen queue status
Microsoft (R) CLR Native Image Generator - Version 2.0.50727.3053
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x80070424)

... but now I'm trying to find what the queue service runs under and how
to fix it.

Did you have any luck?

-Sandy