[IronPython] Silverlight code need help (Repost)

Andrew Evans andrew.canit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 22:03:42 CET 2010

I am having problems with my code. I am not sure how to debug silverlight. I
receive no error messages, but this is what happens. When this app runs it
starts for a second then disappears I am not sure where I am going wrong,
any ideas? Perhaps in the threading?

I am not a C# programmer but I am doing my best to find examples to compare
to so I can translate into python

I would really appreciate any help *Cheers Andrew

Here is the full code hope that's alright :D

from System.Windows import Application
from System.Windows.Controls import MediaElement
from System.Windows.Controls import Button, Orientation, StackPanel, Slider
from System import Uri, UriKind
from System.Windows.Media.Imaging import BitmapImage
from System.Windows.Threading import *
from System import TimeSpan
class Gui():
    def __init__(self):

        self.main = StackPanel()

        self.layer1 = StackPanel()
        self.layer1.Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal

        self.stopB = Button()
        self.stopB.Width = 25
        self.stopB.Height = 20
        self.stopB.Content = BitmapImage(Uri("stop.jpg", UriKind.Relative))

        self.pauseB = Button()
        self.pauseB.Width = 25
        self.pauseB.Height = 20
        self.pauseB.Content = BitmapImage(Uri("pause.jpg",
UriKind.Relative))

        self.playB = Button()
        self.playB.Width = 25
        self.playB.Height = 20
        self.playB.Content = BitmapImage(Uri("play.jpg", UriKind.Relative))

        # Assign Buttons to Functions
        self.stopB.Click += self.StopPlay
        self.pauseB.Click += self.PausePlay
        self.playB.Click += self.StartPlay

        #add a video slider
        self.myslide = Slider()
        self.myslide.Width = 250

        # Add buttons to sub stack panel
        self.layer1.Children.Add(self.
stopB)
        self.layer1.Children.Add(self.pauseB)

        self.layer1.Children.Add(self.myslide)
        self.layer1.Children.Add(self.playB)

        # create new sub stack panel
        self.layer2 = StackPanel()
        self.layer2.Orientation = Orientation.Vertical

        #create Media Element
        self.video = MediaElement()
        self.source = Uri("counter.wmv", UriKind.Relative)
        self.video.Volume = 0.4
        self.video.Source = self.source
        self.video.Width = 450
        self.video.Height = 400
        self.video.CurrentStateChanged += self.videoChanged

        self.timer = DispatcherTimer()
        self.timer.Interval = TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(45)
        self.timer.Tick += self.MyTimeToTick

        # Add media Element to Sub Stack panel
        self.layer2.Children.Add(self.video)

        # Add sub stack panels to place holde stack panel
        self.main.Children.Add(self.layer1)
        self.main.Children.Add(self.layer2)

        # Load the UI
        Application.Current.RootVisual = self.main

    def MyTimeToTick(self, s, e):
        if self.video.NaturalDuration.TimeSpan.TotalSeconds > 0:
            self.myslide.Value = self.video.Position.TotalSeconds /
self.video.NaturalDuration.TimeSpan.TotalSeconds

    def videoChanged(self, s, e):
        if self.video.NaturalDuration.CurrentState ==
MediaElementState.Playing:

            self.timer.Start()
        else:
            self.timer.Stop()