[IronPython] GUI programming / IronPython

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:38:01 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively long-time Python user and need to develop a GUI
application with Python.

I'm waffling between PyQT and IronPython. PyQT has multiplatform
capability that is going for it. On the plus side, IronPython may be
better integrated with Windows, which will be my main target audience.

The question is, how hard is GUI programming with IronPython? Asking
bc I have very little experience with C# / .NET.

Are there any pitfalls re IronPython / Windows Forms? Is it hard for a
newbie to figure out using .NET stuff via IronPython?

--

Regards,
mk

--
Premature optimization is the root of all fun.