[IronPython] Packaging IronPython GUI app

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:38:18 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to package IronPython GUI app as standalone executable?
Anybody here doing that as a practice for production apps?

My motivation is obvious: I can't expect most users to go through
rigmarole of installing ironpython to use my app. I need to use
standard windows installer, and make an app as robust and "self-
reliant" (in the sense: independent of various system settings and
problems) as possible.

It seems that it's at least theoretically possible:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/ironpython.aspx

Caveats? Problems?

I'd appreciate feedback from someone who has been there and done that.

--

Regards,
mk

--
Premature optimization is the root of all fun.