[IronPython] Crippled Intellisense?

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 15:38:09 CEST 2010

I got an MSDN license which allowed me to install VS 2010 Professional,
I also installed IronPython tools. However, intellisense doesn't seem to
fully work, for instance I can access string method's like

but when I do

x = 'abc'

and then

it just underscores it in red.

Most of intellisense autocompletions from IronPython walkthrough don't
work, e.g.:

def f(abc):
     return abc

Anybody knows what's going on with this? Is this limitation of Pro as
opposed to Ultimate and whatitsname versions of VS 2010?

Premature optimization is the root of all fun.