[IronPython] Compiling so that IronPython libraries are recognized?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jul 9 16:49:28 CEST 2010

On 09/07/2010 14:50, Funke, Matt wrote:
> I'm extremely new to compiling things in anything approaching a pythonic way, so my apologies in advance for what's probably a very simplistic question.
> I've downloaded the source for psycopg2-2.2.1.  The documentation recommends using the standard "python setup.py build" and "python setup.py install".
> So I tried to run "ipy setup.py build" to incorporate these libraries into IronPython.
> I get this error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "setup.py", line 50, in<module>
> ImportError: No module named subprocess

subprocess relies on modules like signal that aren't available in
IronPython 2.6.1.

There is a partial implementation of subprocess by Jeff Hardy floating
around that you could try. In general the IronPython support for
distutils is "minimal", so I still wouldn't expect normal module
installation to work.

All the best,