[IronPython] Tracebacks

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 9 19:03:34 CEST 2010

Rob wrote:
> Hi
>
> This might be the wrong list for this, but when I run python apps in
> an ide (like wing) I get nice exception tracebacks with line numbers,
> yet in visualstudio with ironpython tools these are missing, instead I
> get a dialog that isn't very useful unless I copy the details to the
> clip board and paste it to an empty file.
>
> Is there a more natural way to get this information inside visual studio?

The experience here is definitely rough.  You should see the call stack in
the VS call stack window.  And it should include line number information
as well and you should be able to double click on a frame and go to the
line immediately.  But the function names are rather mangled so it doesn't
look very pretty right now.  We need to do more work to integrate w/ the
debugger beyond what we get for free from VS.