[IronPython] Unable to find assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamic

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 19:51:27 CEST 2010

Dino Viehland wrote:
> Can you bring the interactive window up normally using Alt-I or
> View->Other Windows->IronPython Interactive?

Sure -- you mean that I run the program via execfile()?

Here's result, it's an exception but different one this time:

» execfile('Program.py')
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "Program.py", line 4, in <module>
IOError: System.IO.IOException: Could not add reference to assembly ip_cl1
    at
Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.Calls.MethodCandidate.Caller.Call(Object[]
args, Boolean& shouldOptimize)
    at
IronPython.Runtime.Types.BuiltinFunction.BuiltinFunctionCaller`2.Call1(CallSite
site, CodeContext context, TFuncType func, T0 arg0)
    at
System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite
site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
    at
Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`4.Run(InterpretedFrame
frame)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame
frame)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0
arg0, T1 arg1)
    at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
    at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
    at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
    at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
    at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.CompiledCode.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
    at
Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.CompiledCode.ExecuteAndWrap(ScriptScope
scope, ObjectHandle& exception)
»

Regards,
mk

--
Premature optimization is the root of all fun.