[IronPython] TypeError: expected Size, got Size

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 19 18:43:58 CEST 2010

You'll need to go to the page for the Size class - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.size.aspx It's in WindowsBase.dll instead of PresentationCore.

From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Lukas Cenovsky
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 5:34 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] TypeError: expected Size, got Size

On 19.7.2010 18:15, Ian Hobson wrote:
On 19/07/2010 16:57, Lukas Cenovsky wrote:
And I need to know how to find out where I can get the correct definition of Size.

Grid is UIElement and you need System.Windows.Size for UIElement.Measure - not System.Drawing.Size. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.uielement.measure.aspx.
Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the info. I went to the page and it told me

Namespace:  System.Windows<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.aspx>
Assembly:  PresentationCore (in PresentationCore.dll)

Therefore I ensured my code contained the two lines

clr.AddReference("PresentationCore")
from Systems.Windows import Size

This gives me
ImportError: Cannot import name Size

giving the line numebr of the import line.

Conclusion : I am missing something - and I don't know how to find it out.

Well, UIElement.Measure is in assembly PresentationCore but System.Windows.Size structure is in assembly WindowsBase: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.size.aspx. This is the link in Parameters section of UIElement.Measure - availableSize parameter.

--
-- Lukáš