[IronPython] Trying to Create a New Silverlight Project

Funke, Matt Matt.funke at vishaypg.com
Wed Jul 21 14:58:34 CEST 2010

All right.  Some attempts to use IronPython and Silverlight have become aborted, so I'm trying the most basic: starting a new Silverlight project in Visual Studio 2010, after installing IronPython Tools for Visual Studio 2010.

It seems simple enough.  Click on "New Project...".  In the dialog box that opens, select "IronPython" in the list of Installed Templates.  Select "IronPython Silverlight Web Page" in the list of offered app templates.

Simple enough.  But when I try to save the project so that I can see what the webpage looks like, I get an error: "The operation could not be completed.  No such interface supported".

Any idea what could be wrong?  (Should I also see a XAML file?  I only have an HTML file and a Python script that adds a button method.)

Sorry for the noobish questions.  I just want to get an IronPython Silverlight project running in some form on .NET 4.

 -- Best Regards,
    Matt Funke