[IronPython] dll Assemblies in IronPython 2.7A1

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:38:44 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also if people would like us to keep the assemblies in program files in
> addition to the GAC we can make that change.  But it would mean there'd
> be 2 copies of it on disk (not that they're particularly huge or anything).

There are cases where NWSGI is used in xcopy mode, and it's handy to
be able to grab the assemblies from the install folder - but with the
-Bin.zip available, I'm not sure how important that is.

Building projects will also reference assemblies from the GAC, so
that's actually a bit easier to deal with.

My only argument is "it's not that hard", which isn't very convincing,
I'll admit :)

- Jeff