[IronPython] SystemError: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Count László de Almásy calmasy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:32:33 CEST 2010

ok thanks. that provided the following:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
SendUpdate at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
SendUpdate at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
Fly at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
Invoke at offset 0 in file:line:column <filename unknown>:0:0
  at OpenMetaverse.AgentManager+AgentMovement.SendUpdate (Boolean
reliable, OpenMetaverse.Simulator simulator) [0x00000]
  at OpenMetaverse.AgentManager+AgentMovement.SendUpdate (Boolean
reliable) [0x00000]
  at OpenMetaverse.AgentManager.Fly (Boolean start) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke
(object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder,
System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
[0x00000]

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Kuno Meyer <kuno.meyer at gmx.ch> wrote:
> You might want to have a look at the full stack trace (i.e. the full CLR
> stack trace, not only the stack of the Python script).
>
> The "-X:ExceptionDetail" command line option (see "ipy /?") allows to see
> that.
>
> On 23.07.2010 23:47, Count László de Almásy wrote:
>>
>> i've been using IPY 2.6.1 with Mono 2.6.x for quite some time. Today I
>> upgraded one of my binary assemblies (libopenmetaverse) and suddenly
>> all my applications that use it are throwing this error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> SystemError: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
>>
>> any idea what would cause this?

Cheers, László