[IronPython] Building IronPython from sources

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 26 18:21:27 CEST 2010

Hi Lukas, the error message below is because you don't have the version of Silverlight installed which was used to build IronPython 2.6.1.  For this particular release, I believe it was something like "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Silverlight\3.0.40624.0".  You can find out for sure by examining the "<Silverlight3Path>" element in Src\IronPython\IronPython.csproj.  Any ways, there are two workarounds:

*         Replace all instances of "3.0.40624.0" throughout all C# project files with the version of Silverlight you have installed locally

*         Copy and rename the version of Silverlight you have installed to whatever is expected by the C# project files

Hope that helps,

Dave