[IronPython] Building IronPython from sources

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 27 17:31:17 CEST 2010

I'd actually suggest doing this with 2.7 Alpha 1 sources...

Building 2.6.1 requires a Silverlight 3.x installation as there were changes to System.Core (e.g., System.Func) between Silverlight 3.x and Silverlight 4.x.  As you've discovered, we implemented some of this missing System.Core functionality ourselves in 2.6.1 which is confusing the compiler when there's references to both (4.x) System.Core and MS.Scripting.Utils.  If you can't get your hands on a Silverlight 3.x installation to fix this, the next easiest route IMO would be to use 2.7A1 instead.