[IronPython] No Module named Zlib import error after installing DLL

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 20:51:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> I haven't tried this, but I assume you have to add a reference to the
> assembly before you can import from it. Try:
>
>     import clr
>     clr.AddReference('IronPython.Zlib')

This shouldn't be necessary, as any DLL in the DLLs folder is
automatically referenced, but it is worth trying. If it fails, it
might provide a more useful error message.

Andrew: You shouldn't have to set any environment variables to use
IronPython.Zlib; I have a feeling that, for some reason, the DLL is
failing to load. Which versions of IronPython and IronPython.Zlib are
you using? What path is your IronPython installed to?

- Jeff