[IronPython] Problem Closing Application

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Jun 13 01:52:03 CEST 2010

On 12/06/2010 16:22, Anthony wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just to state - I'm a real newbie to programming & ironpython
> I have an application that has 2 forms. The application gets started
> in the progam.py module(btw i'm using #develop). This calls another
> module - login.py. This is a login form which validates user
> names/passwords. Once this is validated I _hide_ the form and call the
> second module - MainForm.py. The program runs fine - except that when
> I close the MainForm form - the application is still running. I know
> it's because a login.py object is hidden. What I'm asking is how
> construct the programming in such a way that this does not happen -
> that when the second form is closed - the application closes; or is
> there a better way to do this?

How about closing the login form instead of hiding it? Another way is to
handle the Closing event on your main form and close the login form
then. You can also call Application.Exit()  (I believe - this is off the
top of my head so you should check) to exit the GUI event loop.

All the best,

Michael

> Regards
>
> Anthony

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.