[IronPython] Running the IronPython tests (on Mono)

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 2 22:15:38 CET 2010

Just checked a couple of our releases and harness.py is available with at least 2.6.1 RC1 and 2.6 Beta 2 (July 2009).  Maybe you're using IronPython 2.0.x?

The exact harness.py instructions (for Windows at least) are:
1. Download and unzip the source zip file
2. Build the Debug configuration of Src\IronPython.sln
3. Build the Debug configuration of Src\Tests\ClrAssembly\ClrAssembly.csproj and the release configuration of Src\Tests\DlrComLibrary\DlrComLibrary.sln
4. set IRONPYTHONPATH to CPython 2.6's stdlib
5. cd into 'Src\Tests' and call '..\..\Bin\Debug\ipy.exe -X:FullFrames harness.py'

Doing the above under Windows 2008 R2, we get all the way to modules.io_related.codecs_test before any failures are observed.

Dave