[IronPython] normalizing parameters from a method call

Ronnie Maor ronnie.maor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:40:26 CET 2010

I'm writing a decorator that needs to identify whether the function it's
wrapping contains specific variables and if so, what value was passed to
them.

For example if the function is foo(x,y) and it's called with foo(1,2) I want
to have this information - {'x' : 1, 'y' : 2}
My problem is that the caller can mix between positional and keyword
arguments.

If I write my decorator as accepting *a,**kw I can probably use
inspect.getargspec to figure out all the information like I want it.
However, it seems that this is something the language already does, so I
wanted to know if I can get some access to the mechanism in python or
specifically in IPy, so I don't have to write it again...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Ronnie