[IronPython] focus and selecting text in a TextBox with IronPython

Ken MacDonald drken567 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:59:38 CET 2010

Hi Michael,
I have a (WPF) TextBox on a popup window. The textbox is supposed to allow
the user to enter a guest's name before clicking one of the buttons on the
popup. When the popup first appears, I want to have some dummy text in the
textbox indicating that they should put in a name, e.g. "<Enter Name Here>".
When the user clicks into the textbox, I want to select/highlight all of the
text in the textbox, and set the text-caret at the end, so that typing
anything will cause the dummy text to disappear and leave, say, "fred". This
is a behavior I've seen on hundreds of applications, websites, etc. but it
doesn't seem to want to play with ipy.
Thanks,
Ken