[IronPython] cpython library

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Mar 26 13:08:00 CET 2010

I think your impression is right. But if there are C-based Python extensions
in use (these would have a ".pyd" file extension under Windows), you might
have some difficulty making them work. For desktop use, there's a project
called IronClad (http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/) that provides pretty
good support for the use of C extensions from within IronPython. But this
won't help for Silverlight, where you can't run native code in the sandbox.
You'd need to rewrite the C extensions in a managed language like C# (or
IronPython :).