[IronPython] Being unable to import module after succesfully adding reference, in asp.net IronPython

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 31 04:56:40 CEST 2010

Let me see if understand your question:

You have funciones.dll and your trying to use it in IronPython like this:

import clr
clr.AddReferenceToFile('funciones.dll')
from funciones import *

First off, I'm not sure the contents of funciones.dll. You mentioned "conexiones" as the namespace, but I'm not sure if that was part of the question. Anyway, when doing "import foo", "foo" represents some top-level name that IronPython can find, be it a file on disk, a Python module, or a top-level name in a .NET DLL you have added a reference to. The actual DLL file name is not related to the name you use when using import. For example, IF funciones.dll was compiled from this C# code:

public static class MyFunctions {
  public static void Function1() {}
  public static void Function2() {}
}