[IronPython] Compiling .py to .dll to use with Silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 14:20:52 CEST 2010

On 31/03/2010 07:33, Jimmy Schementi wrote:

> I must confess I never got around to experimenting with it =( But
> thanks for bringing attention to it, and I'm sure this will get back
> on my plate as the IronPython team triages these issues for the next
> version.

Having compiled modules would *further* increase import performance,
even with background importing. There are also other reasons to want to
ship dlls, so a solution to this problem would be *much* appreciated. :-)

Thanks

Michael

> Have you tried importing on a background thread to speed things up?
> That would be a useful sample to have out there, and I know Michael
> has done this successfully (and SilverShell had a way of toggling this).

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.