[IronPython] Can't install IronPython Tools for Visual Studio

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun May 2 14:43:31 CEST 2010

On 02/05/2010 13:34, Lukáš Duběda wrote:
> Hi there everyone,
>
> first off, congratulations for pushing the IPy Tools out! KUDOS!
>
> Now, I have a problem installing it, unfortunately :( I'm sure I'm
> doing something wrong as I have almost zero experience with
> Visual Studio.
>
> I went to the MS site and downloaded what seemed to be an obvious choice
> a Visual Studio 2010 Express for C#,

Visual Studio Express does not allow you to install extensions like IPy
Tools. Fortunately IPy tools works with the Visual Studio Isolated Shell
that can be installed "standalone", without a Visual Studio install.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=dfba7ac4-5366-456e-abd6-0e3e6ba83b7c

Michael