[IronPython] IronPython unichr() problem with values greater than 65536

Can Gencer cgencer at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:44:53 CEST 2010

 Hello,

 I am having some problems with the unichr() built in function in
 IronPython. It only seems to support unicode characters up to 2 bytes,
 not the extended unicode characters. You can simply try a command like
 unichr(66363) and it will give a ValueError, saying that the value is
 not in range. However 66363 is a valid unicode character. Is there a
 way to configure IronPython to support wide unicode characters? I am
 using IronPython 2.6.

 Regards,

 Can