[IronPython] IronPy Tools for VS - Projects

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue May 18 04:50:34 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does File->New->Project from Existing code address this for you (if it
> worked?)   Or do you want something lighter weight than that?

Well, both, actually :) There are times when I'll be looking at
another library for a while (say, Django) and will want a permanent
pyproj file; there are times when I'm evaluating a small library and
want to open it up and browse but may never look at it again. The
implicit project stuff you mentioned to Steve sounds like a perfect
fit for the latter case, and New Project from Existing Code would work
fine for the former.

Also, the implicit project support could have a "Create pyproj" option
that would create the pyproj file (in case I change my mind from
"brief look" to "interesting") from the currently open implicit
project.

- Jeff