[IronPython] WPF Controls with Ipy

Simon Segal simon.segal at bigpond.com
Thu May 20 07:08:26 CEST 2010

I'm currently using Blend to do all my layout work for IP / WPF apps. I
synchronize the xaml from one project to another, it's a pretty ugly hack
but I hate doing long winded layout design in VS anyway.

http://www.simonsegal.net/blog/2010/05/09/ironpython-tools-for-visual-studio-with-expression-blend/

HIH

Simon

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Cronin, Ted <tcronin at asrclkrec.com> wrote:

> Trying to use third party controls with VS Tools for Ipy with WPF is not
> working as expected.  I can add a third party control if the language is c#,
> but when I try and do the same thing using IronPython with WPF, the third
> party controls do not get added to the designer as I expect.  The VS
> interface grays out for a second, and then it goes back to normal with
> nothing being added.
>
> Ted Cronin
> ACR ValueGIS
>  (951) 955 - 0487