[IronPython] bytes and str in 2.7 io module

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 12:12:06 CET 2010

On 08/11/2010 19:44, Dino Viehland wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Dino Viehland<dinov at microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Ahh, yeah, we should probably have a helper method in here which will
>>> convert the string back to bytes rather than all of these casts to
>>> Bytes.  It could also be incompatible w/ CPython in that they *might*
>>> allow bytearray objects to be returned too which these casts would also
>> prevent.
>>
>> I'll check what CPython allows (I presume you're still prohibited from looking
>> at the source for it?). I have a patch that checks for strings as well, but I'm not
>> happy with it yet.
> I think the answer is yes, we are still prohibited from looking at the code, just
> because we're generally not supposed to look at open source code at all.

Ha. :-)

Does that mean you're no longer permitted to read the IronPython source
code. ;-)

Michael

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.