[IronPython] IronPython Sources are now on Github and Bitbucket

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:51:15 CET 2010

Good morning all,
The coordinators of the the IronRuby and IronPython projects have
decided to go with github for the source code and CodePlex for issue
tracking. The split is not particularly desirable, but it is the
quickest way to move the projects forward without worrying about major
migration issues.

The git repo is available at https://github.com/ironlanguages/main; it
contains the sources for the DLR, IronPython, and IronRuby. Fork away!

For those (like myself) who prefer Mercurial, a mirror has been set up
on bitbucket at http://bitbucket.org/ironpython/ironlanguages. Fork
away!

While the git repo is the primary one, the hg repo will be fully
supported as long as I'm around, as it's how I plan to work on
IronPython. I'm working on some documentation for those unfamiliar
with bitbucket, but it works exactly like any other bitbucket repo,
except for when I have to handle a pull request - then it gets a bit
hairy :).

The issue tracker locations are as before:
IronPython - http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic
IronRuby - http://ironruby.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic
DLR - http://dlr.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic

- Jeff