[IronPython] Jit leak in defaultdict for Ipy 2.6.2

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 29 19:23:24 CET 2010

The closest non-windbg solution I could think of might be CLR Profiler which can probably report the number of dynamic method objects which are alive.  Windbg can also do this when you dump the heap and is probably over all actually easier to use in this case as you can attach, do !DumpHeap -stat, and then detach.

Just one more data point which might help you understand what's going on - the JITed methods in this case are probably adding 4k of memory to the cost of each defaultdict instance as long as the defaultdict is alive.