[IronPython] Announcing IronPython 2.6.2

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 22 01:01:17 CEST 2010

Hello Python Community,

We're pleased to announce the final release of IronPython 2.6.2 which can be downloaded at http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/41236. This is a minor update which fixes the most egregious issues discovered since 2.6.1. After the number of major changes we released in 2.6.1 this release keeps the number of changes to a minimum to ensure that it'll have great compatibility against the previous versions we've shipped. This is the last release from Microsoft before turning these projects over to the new coordinators [see http://tinyurl.com/24tjztk for more information].

The full list of issues fixed includes:
26593 pyc fails if a file contains a call to unicode
26940 Wrong line numbers in traceback when ecoding is specified
27547 Problem with ScriptSource.GetCodeProperties() (Fix type error when parsing invalid text "lambda")
27247 delattr doesn't work on instance attributes of user defined instance
Fix a memory leak related to the id dispenser
Fix stack overflow with a large number of nested if/elif blocks

Special thanks to gjones , cendalc, fuzzyman , sstevenson, Chuck Jacobs ,and Idan Zaltzberg for reporting issues and making this a great release! Happy scripting!

- The IronPython Team